V-Tib’s “Feels-Like-You-Are-Cheating” Blueberries/Banana Protein Pancakes

V-Tib’s “Feels-Like-You-Are-Cheating” Blueberries/Banana Protein Pancakes

This pancake recipe is high in protein and uses blueberries and bananas, which makes it ideal to be eaten pre or post workout when your body needs the simple carbs (sugar) and protein the most. Here are the ingredients:

Dry Ingredients:

2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 scoop of oat flour (I used the same scoop used to pour the protein powder) you might be able to use quick oats if you don’t have oat flour.
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder

Wet Ingredients:

1/2 cup of 1% or non-fat plain cottage cheese
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 banana
1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites

In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients set aside. In a smaller bowl mashed up the banana and add the remaining wet ingredients then pour mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk together the batter and cook pancakes using cooking spray.
This recipe makes 4 pancakes.

(I did not add up the nutritional values)

pancakes

Comments | discussion on "V-Tib’s “Feels-Like-You-Are-Cheating” Blueberries/Banana Protein Pancakes"

1. Claire Reply
    December 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Hi, thanks for the recipe, am in the UK so only eat pancakes once a year really and this is going to sound like a stupid question but can you freeze pancakes, and can you reheat them if so how? p.s. thanks for the food photos on your facebook site – inspiring to see healthy food can look nice too.

• Ashley
      January 6, 2012 at 12:18 am

Yes you can freeze them in a freezer bag or air tight container and reheat by microwaving or toasting in a toaster to make them more crispier.

• Krystle
      March 19, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Yes!! You can definitely freeze pancakes. Make them about the size of a piece of bread so that you can pop them in the toaster. I freeze them after they have completely cooled and I place a piece of wax paper or parchment paper in between each pancake.

2. yanet Reply
    January 11, 2012 at 12:04 am

MUY BUENA TU PAGINA TENGO NOCION D E ENTRENAMIENTO PERO TU PAGINA ES COMBUSTIBLE PARA MI,ESTOY APRENDIENDO MUCHO,DIOS TE BENDIGA

3. January 27, 2012 at 3:16 am

Just made them and love them! Although I realized afterward my pp is only 16g of protein per scoop, so I guess I should’ve used 4 scoops! :/

4. Michelle Forst Reply
    February 19, 2012 at 3:41 am

Thank you for this recipe, I am going to try making this for my hubby next weekend. Got to clean up his diet a bit:)

5. Shamika B Reply
    February 25, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Is it possible to blend the dry quick oats to make a powder to use as flour. Tha’ts what I’ve been doing and it works great!

6. Anto Reply